We returned to Marysville on a Sunday. It was three weeks after the wedding, and a little over two before Thanksgiving. It was somewhere around ten in the morning when we reached town. We noticed a parade of some sort taking place just on the other side of the highway, and we decided to avoid it. We turned off the highway onto 2nd Street.We weren't much for socializing, and preferred the quiet streets so we could stroll, take pictures, and talk. However, all small talk was gone by the time of our arrival. During the car ride we had talked about what was new and how the wedding was, he asked how it felt to be married. I told him the only thing that felt really different was my name.We discussed how I felt about the matter and moved on to what he had been up to. He described to me in great detail a weekend that had recently occurred. The weekend we discussed had shook him up fiercely, but at the end of the following week he had reached a new way of thinking and being. For a second, I was envious. We pulled off of 2nd Street onto F Street and parked next to some industrial buildings. This is where our day really begun. For the next three hours we were so into what we were doing and the conversation we were having that nothing else seemed to matter. The world fell to the wayside. When we made our way back to the car he turned to me and said, "For the past few hours, I have been out of my mind." I smiled and sighed. I knew just what he meant.
All images on this page are copyright of BrittneyDawn, and there will be legal repercussions for those who do not get the artist's permission before using them.
Monday, December 17, 2012
Take Two
We returned to Marysville on a Sunday. It was three weeks after the wedding, and a little over two before Thanksgiving. It was somewhere around ten in the morning when we reached town. We noticed a parade of some sort taking place just on the other side of the highway, and we decided to avoid it. We turned off the highway onto 2nd Street.We weren't much for socializing, and preferred the quiet streets so we could stroll, take pictures, and talk. However, all small talk was gone by the time of our arrival. During the car ride we had talked about what was new and how the wedding was, he asked how it felt to be married. I told him the only thing that felt really different was my name.We discussed how I felt about the matter and moved on to what he had been up to. He described to me in great detail a weekend that had recently occurred. The weekend we discussed had shook him up fiercely, but at the end of the following week he had reached a new way of thinking and being. For a second, I was envious. We pulled off of 2nd Street onto F Street and parked next to some industrial buildings. This is where our day really begun. For the next three hours we were so into what we were doing and the conversation we were having that nothing else seemed to matter. The world fell to the wayside. When we made our way back to the car he turned to me and said, "For the past few hours, I have been out of my mind." I smiled and sighed. I knew just what he meant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment