"I didn't mean to keep you waiting," she said to him.
"I'm used to it, don't be sorry," he said.
She thought to herself. She wished she could be there more often, but with school constantly keeping her on the go, having to go to her internship on two of her three days off and cramming homework into the little time she had left, she was wiped. On the days she was there she passed out early and was not much company to the man who had been home for hours waiting for his fiance. She often wondered why he ever would want to marry her and be a permanent part of her world of hectic confusion.
"Where are you?" he asked as he gently leaned forward out of his chair
"In my head, I don't understand why you put up with me," she said carefully not wanting to upset the already fragile ground that they began to walk on.
"That's simple," he said smoothly. "I love you."
"I am sure there are things that I do that get to you, but you deal with them right?"
"I don't know, I can't list any right off the top of my head, but I am sure I have complained about something along the way," she replied with that devilish smirk across her face.
They both laughed.
She fell back into her thoughts wondering about his shortcomings, but not wanting to mention any of them. If it were up to her he would remain clueless about them for the rest of their relationship. She owed him that after the hell she had put him through the past 8 years.
"You're off again," he said quickly.
"I know, I'm sorry," she replied dropping back into the wicker chair.
"Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind to my own thoughts."
He looked at her sternly, "wouldn't that be just getting lost in thought?," he asked.
"I guess so, but it feels so different," she said, "My thoughts feel like waves crashing over my voice making it nearly impossible for me to speak about anything for sure."
"However," she paused to take a deep breath, " Every now and again the waves will pause for a brief second, giving my voice a chance to surface, and in that moment I am heard."
No comments:
Post a Comment