All images on this page are copyright of BrittneyDawn, and there will be legal repercussions for those who do not get the artist's permission before using them.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 199- Burned Out

PHOTO: Roseville, CA. 2012.



That building stood there since before I could remember. I used to go down to that neighborhood as a child and watch my uncle work in the Union Pacific Rail yard. My mother would walk me up and down the street letting me try to balance on the curb that ran alongside the railroad tracks.The light blue tin building stood at the end of that street. My Mom would always call that our "stopping point" which meant if I got down there before her I needed to turn around and come back. There were times where I would get down to the corner and just stand looking across the street at the light blue tin building. I am not sure exactly what I thought about it, but I remember starring at it and admiring the color. For years that color of blue became my favorite color, and when anybody asked me why I would tell them about the building at the end of the street where my uncle worked. When I saw it was burned my heart broke a little and a dear memory faded ever so slightly. I knew that the only thing keeping those memories so fresh in my mind is that I saw it every now again and was reminded of those feelings. I carefully walked around the fenced off perimeter and took the pictures that I could manage in the hope that I will not ever forget this building... even though the blue has turned white.








No comments:

Post a Comment