Supposedly, it is a book. A book I can't find anywhere, and haven't encountered anybody else who has heard of it. However, I can tell you it is a about a man. What this man does is he buys something that he soon figures out he shouldn't have bought. I am sure if I went into any more detail I would A) be murdering the book and B) be ruining the suspense for those of you who ever find this mystery book. Either way I thought of this particular book this morning whilst eating my breakfast. That poor man, the one in the book, thought what he was purchasing was a grand idea and he could always enjoy it for himself. In the long run, however, he figures out that it is a lot of work to make everything work out the way you want it. Here is the thing though, everybody should know that if they want something they are going to have to work hard to get it. In our society today there are people just being handed things, and never being asked to work for what they receive. I know that this isn't true for everybody, but I can think of several examples right off the top of my head. I also know that this current problem is a side effect of "instant-gratification," the new trend that is sweeping the globe (Insert Sarcasm here.) I know I shouldn't be sarcastic because it is deadly serious, but what happened to patience? It's a virtue, or has everybody forgot that too? I am sure patience is just as much of a mystery as my book, maybe we will find them in the same place together holding on to each other in companionship just waiting for the light of day to reveal their hiding place. Until then I guess I will have to wait with my digital means of instant gratification.
All images on this page are copyright of BrittneyDawn, and there will be legal repercussions for those who do not get the artist's permission before using them.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Day 129- Don't Buy The Circus
Supposedly, it is a book. A book I can't find anywhere, and haven't encountered anybody else who has heard of it. However, I can tell you it is a about a man. What this man does is he buys something that he soon figures out he shouldn't have bought. I am sure if I went into any more detail I would A) be murdering the book and B) be ruining the suspense for those of you who ever find this mystery book. Either way I thought of this particular book this morning whilst eating my breakfast. That poor man, the one in the book, thought what he was purchasing was a grand idea and he could always enjoy it for himself. In the long run, however, he figures out that it is a lot of work to make everything work out the way you want it. Here is the thing though, everybody should know that if they want something they are going to have to work hard to get it. In our society today there are people just being handed things, and never being asked to work for what they receive. I know that this isn't true for everybody, but I can think of several examples right off the top of my head. I also know that this current problem is a side effect of "instant-gratification," the new trend that is sweeping the globe (Insert Sarcasm here.) I know I shouldn't be sarcastic because it is deadly serious, but what happened to patience? It's a virtue, or has everybody forgot that too? I am sure patience is just as much of a mystery as my book, maybe we will find them in the same place together holding on to each other in companionship just waiting for the light of day to reveal their hiding place. Until then I guess I will have to wait with my digital means of instant gratification.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment