Last night, at some point, I had a dream. Obvious. However, it was extremely real feeling. In the dream I was with my rather large family in a big chocolate store. It was loud in the shop, much like outings with my family usually are, but it was only us in the building. My family members were all lined up making their orders, and one by one they took the time to ask me what I was going to order. "A brownie," I told them, with a rare certainess, and then watched as they would make their order and go sit down. Finally, when it approached my turn and the cashier asked me what I would like I told her, "Small Hot Chocolate Please."
That was it. I was awoken by A to let me know he was leaving for work. I mumbled sleepy words to him about how "I wanted to order a brownie, but then I ordered hot chocolate." A is unusually used to this kind of behavior as it seems to happen more and more as I get older. He chuckled and told me he loved me. However, while discussing said dream with D today at school I realized something. I knew what I wanted up until the decisive moment and then I changed my mind.
With so many upcoming events in my life I can only imagine what my mind is concocting out of nerves. Or could it be that I have already made my decision? This year I had to drop a minor to a major, a major that was just as important to me as the other two I am still getting, but a decision had to be made. Then again, recently, I had to cut that minor out all together unless I wanted to take on another semester. I cut my ties, and took the lost. It is something that I can always accomplish later, but for right now it isn't what I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment