
This is a factual statement (to me.) There are times in life where you start to drift into an alternate universe and you find something or someone who brings you back to reality. I have several people in my life that serve this purpose, and to me it was never obvious who those people were until recently. The most obvious being my fiance/best friend. There are times when I am so far gone that I don't realize him subtly bringing me back. There were others that were not so obvious. One in particular, whom I just discovered recently, that has had a surprisingly amazing effect on my life. His name shall not be mentioned because of the ego I am afraid he will acquire and this would ruined his undiminished awsomeness. Time and time again he has brought me back to the real world and I am always trying to find a new way to repay him. I am very thankful that I did not let my fears overcome my dreams and keep me from going to Sac State. If I had not ended up in room 282 I would have missed out on one of the wisest people I know.
It is the anchors in life that help us make it through the day. They help remind us what stands in the balance of our decisions. You can choose to worry about the things that ultimately don't add up to anything, or you can acknowledge what happened, appreciate it for what it was, and move on. I have found this process very difficult and even today I found myself getting really frustrated at little things. I wasted one of the last few days before my Dad leaves for 7 months worrying about pointless things that I had no control over. Thankfully I had an anchor there to bring me back.Like I said there are moments in life when you start to drift out to an alternate universe and you find something or someone that brings you back to reality. Always be thankful to your anchors without them you would float out into the never ending nothingness.
No comments:
Post a Comment